Wednesday, June 20, 2007

First bottle

Nick was transferred to Cary and did great on the ride. He's all moved in to his new pad and is settling into the new routine. He's getting 2 more MRSA swabs to be sure he's negative since this is a new hospital but other than that all is staus quo. We all went to see him last night and I got to give him his 1st bottle. He was very alert and when he started sucking his eyes got wide and I could almost hear him thinking "Wow nothing ever came out of my pacifier before this stuff is GOOD!" :)
He drank almost the whole 1oz which really surprised me. I thought he would choke or gag on the first bottle but he was a pro. He fell asleep toward the end so we put him back in his condo and nurse gave him the rest of his feed in his tube. He'll get 1 bottle a day to start - then we'll work up to all bottle feeds. He's 3lbs 10oz. tonight and should be going home in 2-3 weeks!

No comments: