Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What do babies dream about?

I've got a long to-do list sitting in front of me and look where I am *sigh*. I'm busier now than when I was working - and I'm so good at procrastinating. Some days it just seems like the hospital will never end. Then some days I can't believe he's 7 weeks old (or minus 5 weeks from his due date!)! Since he's closer to home now I've been going over twice a day but not staying as long. I give him his 2:30 and 8:30 bottles and when he falls asleep I put him back. He's so funny he drinks the 1 ounce in like 5 minutes then he moans and looks like "Oh my God why did I do that!" Like that Alkaseltzer commercial I can't believe I ate the whole thing! I'm thinking it'll be 1.5-2 weeks til he's home. They aren't pushing him too hard so he's still only getting 3 bottles a day (NG tube for 5 feedings to let him rest) . So he's got a ways to go. He did get his big boy bed today how exciting! That means he meets 1 of the criteria for him coming home (1. keep temperature steady 2. take all feedings by bottle 3. have no desats (apnea) and no bradys (bradycardia)

The swim meet was cancelled last night due to lightning so I did go for Nick's 8:30 bottle. He was getting a bath when I got there...he loves that! He was 4lbs 5.5 oz. His eyes were swollen from the eye exam poor baby. I gave him his bottle (35 mls) then he fell asleep from exhaustion - it's hard work for such a little guy to master the suck -swallow-breathe skills (which usually happens at ~34 weeks gestation). He was smiling and dreaming - what do babies dream about?

No comments: