Thursday, June 28, 2007

4lbs 7.5 oz

Nick was 4lbs 7.5oz when I called last night. Sean had a swim meet 4:30 - 9:30 (and I thought soccer games were long holy smokes!) so I couldn't make the evening feeds. The nurse had given him a bottle at 8:30 which I think is the 1st one he's gotten from anyone else besides me. She said they were going to try a bottle at every other feed which is 8:30 and 2:30. I called this morning and he had gotten one at 5:30am (he was probably too tired at the 2:30am feed so they waited). Well we weren't sure he would be interested in a bottle at 8:30 for me...but sure enough he was! He drank 37ml in 5min flat (pass the Alkaseltzer). He keeps it down fine even though everyone is pretty surprised he's got such gusto when the bottle is about as big as his leg! That is 24 calories/ounce.

I came home for an hour and Nurse Kristin called and said Nick was wide awake if I wanted to give him the 11:30 bottle - heck yeah! So 20 min later I was parked in the special care nursery feeding him again...I could probably sit there all day rocking away. He took yet another bottle - 3 in a row. Very good job, baby!

No comments: